Top 8 allergen free, coconut free, corn free
Crisp autumn days and rainy weather stir up my love for the warmth of a big hearty bowl of soup. As I stood stirring together this deliciousness, I thought I'd be freezing part of it. With 2 of us coming down with colds, it was scarfed up quickly.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 3 pounds of chicken, cooked & diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dry basil or 2 TBS fresh
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups zucchini or assorted veggies, diced
- 12 cups chicken/veggie stock (or water)
- 1 cup rice, soaked, rinsed and uncooked
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, basil and bay leaves for 5 minutes. Add in zucchini or assorted veggies and sauté for a minute. Add chicken, rice and stock/water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 20 minutes. Season to taste.
Allergy note: As always when dealing with allergies, be sure to use safe for you ingredients. This recipe has the potential to be heavily cross-contaminated with corny ingredients.